Coca Cola is by far the most popular soft drink in the world. However, people mostly consider it a snack and beverage. Just put a little bit of creativity, Coca Cola can be one of the cooking ingredients that color and enrich the flavor of your food. I see there are a lot of Coca Cola chicken wings recipe resources all over the internet. I modified my recipe of it a bit by putting lemon. The taste turns out surprisingly good. I had made the recipe very easy to follow.
Chicken wings — 400g (about 10)
Lemon (squeezing juice) —- 1 pc (20-25ml)
Mini Canned Coca Cola — 200ml
Soy sauce —- 2 tablespoons (30ml)
Cooking wine —- 2 tablespoons (30ml)
Dark Soy sauce —— 3ml
White sesame —– A little
Ginger —— 3-4 slices
- Prepare all ingredients, and let the chicken wings be de-frozen at room temperature in advance.
- Cut the ginger into thin slices, keep them for later use.
- The remaining half squeezed lemon juice.
- Put a few cuts on both sides of the chicken wings to allow them to soak in the flavor of marination.
- Soy sauce, cooking wine, lemon juice, and Coca Cola are mixed in one container.
- Turn on low fire, pan-fry white sesame.
- Take out the sesame seeds, boil the chicken wings with water.
- Pour out the water, leave the chicken wings in the pot, do not need to put oil in the pot, just put the ginger slices, turn to low fire, pan-fry chicken wings, the oil will come out from the skin of the chicken wings, pan-fry for about 3-4 minutes.
- After the chicken skin is completely golden, turn over and fry for 3 minutes. The chicken skin is intact.
- Add the sauce that prepared previously, the amount of water levels the height of the chicken wings, if the amount of water is not enough, you can add more water.
- After the sauce is boiled, turn to low fire and cover the lid for 6-8 minutes until the sauce is thick.
- Turn off the stove, you can see the sauce is stick with the chicken wings.