Ingredient for this dish
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 medium apple – peeled, cored, and minced
- 2 (17.5 ounce) cans refrigerated cinnamon roll dough with icing
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Brush the inside of a fluted tube pan with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Step 2: Mix sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl. Combine 1/4 cup of the spiced sugar mixture with minced apples and stir until coated.
- Step 3: Separate cinnamon roll dough rounds and cut into quarters. Set aside the icing.
- Step 4: Spoon 1/2 of the apple mixture and 1/2 of the walnuts into the bottom of the prepared pan. Roll 1/2 of the cinnamon roll quarters in the remaining spiced sugar and place on top of the apples and walnuts. Spoon 1/2 of the remaining butter over dough. Repeat with remaining apples, walnuts, dough, and butter.
- Step 5: Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 45 minutes. Let bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a plate. Cool for 5 more minutes before coating with icing.
Recipe From allrecipes.com