Ingredient for this dish
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cups chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- ¾ cup sour cream, or to taste
- Step 1: Turn on a multi-cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Heat oil for 1 minute. Add onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook and stir until onion begins to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Step 2: Season beef with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add to the pot. Cook and stir until browned evenly on all sides, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and thyme; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour in soy sauce.
- Step 3: Stir mushrooms into the pot. Stir in flour until evenly incorporated. Pour in chicken broth and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Close and lock the lid. Set timer for 10 minutes. Set to high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Step 4: Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method. Open pressure cooker; stir in egg noodles. Seal and bring to high pressure again, about 5 minutes; cook for 5 minutes.
- Step 5: Release pressure naturally according to manufacturer’s instruction for 5 minutes. Release remaining pressure using the quick-release method. Open pressure cooker; stir in sour cream.
Recipe From allrecipes.com