Ingredient for this dish
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ pound Portuguese hot chourico sausage
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 3 drops hot sauce
- 1 small chile pepper, diced (optional)
- ½ teaspoon fresh lime juice (optional)
- Step 1: Spray a medium-sized nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat and stir in onion; cook and stir until onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Thinly slice sausage and then chop it into 1/4-inch cubes. Stir sausage into skillet with onions.
- Step 3: Stir tomato into sausage mixture and adjust heat to medium-high. Stir in chile pepper, if using. Mix in hot sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes have broken down and most of the liquid has evaporated, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Step 4: Remove from heat and stir in lime juice. Serve warm.
Recipe From allrecipes.com