Ingredient for this dish
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 (1-inch thick) bone-in pork chops
- Step 1: Combine honey, mustard, garlic, chile flakes, 3 tablespoon olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; mix until fully combined.
- Step 2: Place pork chops into a resealable zip-top bag. Pour in marinade, seal the bag, massage to coat, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Step 3: Remove pork chops from the marinade and place on paper towels. Pat chops as dry as possible with the paper towels. Set excess marinade aside.
- Step 4: Heat remaining olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high or high heat until it shimmers. Working in batches if necessary, sear the pork chops in the hot pan until the first side is a dark golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and cook on the other side until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes more. Turn the heat down to low and continue to cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), 6 to 8 minutes total. Transfer to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Step 5: While pork rests, pour leftover marinade into a skillet. Bring to a boil and continue to cook until it reduces and becomes as thick as you like, 5 to 7 minutes. Pour over pork chops.
Recipe From allrecipes.com