Ingredient for this dish
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ½ Asian pear, grated
- 5 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, or more to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped, or to taste
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced, or to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, or to taste (optional)
- Step 1: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Mix in sesame oil.
- Step 2: Combine brown sugar, soy sauce, water, Asian pear, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and black pepper in a food processor. Blend until combined but still slightly chunky. Pour mixture into the skillet with the beef and cook over medium heat until most of the liquid evaporates, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Step 3: Place 1/4 the cooked brown rice in the bottom of an individual serving bowl. Top with a portion of beef mixture, lettuce, cucumber, red bell pepper, and sesame seeds. Repeat with remaining rice, beef, and toppings.
Recipe From AllRecipes