Ingredient for this dish
- cooking spray
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper – stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (8 ounce) packages processed cheese food (such as Velveeta®), cubed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (such as RO*TEL®), undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild chopped green chile peppers
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Step 2: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Step 3: While the pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until they release their liquid, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Step 4: Stir in processed cheese food, diced tomatoes and juice, diced tomatoes and green chiles with juice, and mild chile peppers. Cook and stir until cheese has melted, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cooked pasta and chicken. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Step 5: Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Recipe From allrecipes.com