Ingredient for this dish
- 1/2 cup Thai glutinous rice
- 1 1/3 cups coconut milk
- 1/3 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 ripe mangoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Step 1: Place glutinous rice in a large container and cover with several inches of cool water. Let soak, about 1 hour. Drain and rinse thoroughly.
- Step 2: Cook rice in a steamer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Step 3: Combine coconut milk, dates, and Himalayan salt in a high-speed blender; blend until completely smooth. Pour 2/3 of the coconut mixture into a bowl; reserve.
- Step 4: Pour remaining 1/3 of the coconut mixture into a saucepan over low heat. Sift in cornstarch. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened into a sauce, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Step 5: Place rice in a large pot over low heat; stir in reserved coconut mixture. Cook, stirring gently, until liquid is absorbed, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Step 6: Transfer rice to a serving dish. Arrange mango slices around rice. Pour sauce over rice; garnish with sesame seeds.
Recipe From AllRecipes