Ingredient for this dish
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- ½ cup beer
- 4 (10 ounce) beef rib eye steaks
- Step 1: In a medium size mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, maple syrup, garlic, ginger root, mustard powder, sesame oil, and Tabasco sauce; mix well to blend. Now add beer, and stir lightly to mix.
- Step 2: Prepare steaks by scoring any fatty outside areas on steak with a knife, (this prevents the steaks from curling when barbecuing). Place steaks in a casserole dish, and pour marinade over. Using a fork, punch holes in steaks so that the marinade penetrates into the steaks. Turn steaks over, and repeat punching holes.
- Step 3: Cover with clear wrap or foil, and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or longer. You can also refrigerate and marinate overnight.
- Step 4: Prepare and preheat barbecue to high heat. Place steaks directly on grill and sear one side for about 15 seconds. Turn steaks over and cook for about 5 minutes, then turn over and cook for another 5 minutes for medium-rare, depending on thickness. Test for doneness by cutting into the middle of the steak.
Recipe From AllRecipes