Ingredient for this dish
- 1 serving nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (such as RO*TEL®)
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles (such as Ortega®)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 (8 ounce) package Neufchatel cheese, softened
- Step 1: Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray. Add onions, bell pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, condensed soup, and chiles.
- Step 2: Combine oil, taco seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, cumin, and black pepper in a bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat on all sides. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Step 3: Cook on Low until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 2 to 3 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove from the slow cooker and shred.
- Step 4: Add Neufchatel cheese to the slow cooker and stir until melted. Return chicken to the slow cooker and cook until warmed through, 20 to 30 minutes more.
Recipe From allrecipes.com