Ingredient for this dish
- 5 ounces ground chicken
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sake (Japanese rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or more as needed
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 ¾ ounces daikon (Japanese radish), sliced
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sake (Japanese rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Step 1: Combine ground chicken, spring onions, 1 tablespoon sake, 1 tablespoon water, cornstarch, ginger, and 1 teaspoon soy sauce in a bowl; mix by hand until sticky and smooth. Shape into round balls.
- Step 2: Heat oil in a wok or deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Add shiitake mushrooms and daikon; cook and stir until coated with oil, about 1 minute.
- Step 3: Pour 1 cup water, 2 tablespoons sake, mirin, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and sugar into the wok. Cover and simmer until flavors combine, about 10 minutes.
Recipe From AllRecipes