Katsudon Pork Cutlet Rice Bowl is a Japanese signature dish, the golden-brown pork cutlet opens your appetite, the crunchiness of the pork cutlet makes a perfect mixture with the sweet onion sauce. Moreover, the smooth egg alongside the rice improves the overall texture. Let’s jump into the very easy recipe of the Katsudon Pork Cutlet Rice Bowl.
Ingredient of the pork cutlet
Pork Chop —- 1
Egg —– 2
White onion —– 1/4
Bread crumbs —– 30g
Corn flour —— 30g
Salt —– 4g
Black pepper powder —– 2g
Coriander leaves —– 5g
Mirin —– 15ml
Soy sauce —- 10ml
Sugar —– 5g
Water —- 50ml
Instructions for making the pork chop cutlet
1. Take a piece of pork chop and hit it with a mallet or a rolling pin. (The pork broth is hard and has a lot of gluten. It is not easy to marinate. Therefore, a moderate tapping of the meat can break the issues and loosen the fiber, so that it can be quickly marinated.)
2. Sprinkle a little of salt and black pepper on the surface of the pork chop and marinate for 15 minutes.
3. Put the surface of the pork chop with cornflour; take two eggs, knock on the bowl, stir well, and pour the pork chop with the flour in the egg liquid, then sprinkle a layer of bread crumb on the surface of the pork chop.
4. Add the right amount of oil to the pot, add the pork chop, first fry the surface with a small fire, then the meat is almost cooked (about 3 minutes), then turn to high fire continue to fry until the pork chop turns golden brown color, then take out and drain the excess oil.
5. Put 50 ml of water, 2 teaspoons of oyster sauce, 3 teaspoons of mirin, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, stir well.
6. Add a small amount of oil to the pan, pour in the onion, stir fry, then pour in the prepared sauce (see step 5) and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Then pour the remaining egg liquid into the pot.
8. Cut the fried pork chop into strips and place them in the middle of the pan. When the egg liquid is about to solidify, you can turn off the fire. Prepare the rice, put the sauce then fried pork chop on top of the rice.